Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I was more excited about this... Don't tell Stefan...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just how bag crazy can I get sometimes?

Hmm, how about this? I was more excited, as in big smile on the face like a little boy who just received a big present, when I found this handsome fellow than the day I finally brought Stefan home. Eeep! He must not know that. Hehe!

A couple of weeks ago, a good friend told me that she was looking for a present for her husband. She wanted to give him a bag since he told her that he needed a new one. So, my good friend approached me knowing that I'm a bit crazy for bags. Hehehe! I was really flattered. *blush blush* Hehe!

I asked her the style, budget, brands she had in mind and after getting her answers, I recommended some brands where she could probably find that bag for the Mister.

And then on one REALLY good Friday, we found the one while we were checking out the shops at Greenbelt 5. We started with Massimo Dutti. There was one bag, but it was kinda small for the Mister and a bit too much for a bag. We moved to Kenneth Cole, where I was quite sure I would find good selections. There were some nice pieces but they weren't the right ones for the Mister. Marc Jacobs was just way too expensive!

A little more walking, and we found it. Waving at us from the Banana Republic store was this super nice messenger bag. The photos above just don't give the real thing any justice. Plus, we probably shouldn't have taken out the stuffing inside so that it would still have looked hot when the Mister opened the box.

But anyway, when we saw the bag, I got really excited. I held it in my hands and it was perfect. The structure was really masculine. And it had all these useful pockets inside the bag. It came with a detachable shoulder strap. But as you can see even without the strap, it still looked great. The design was a classic. Three, four years from now, if it's well taken cared of, I'm sure that bag would still look great. And one of the best things about it, it was on sale. Huge, huge discount. Woohoo!

We immediately called my friend who was shopping elsewhere with the Mister, and one of the first things I told her was, "If I were an evil person, I wouldn't have told you about this bag. Hehehe!"

Thank heavens for video call. We were able to show her what the bag looked like and why it was the one. She agreed. (Either that or she trusts me a lot. Hehe!)

The next thing to do was devising a way to get the bag without the Mister noticing it. That operation needed about three or four other friends, hiding in the women's section and getting the SAs of Banana Rep to be in cahoots with our scheme. Hehehe!

In the end, it was a success. Our friend told us that the Mister loved the bag. And the Mister himself told me the same thing. Remember that SATC episode from Season 4 where Samantha gets all these lavish gifts from Richard and then she finds out that it was Richard's personal assistant who was buying her all the gifts. I feel like I'm that guy. Wahaha! And I sort of like it. Hehehe!

Anyone in need of personal shopping services? Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment