Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday morning with Debs, Paul and H&F...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the store sales I always wait for is the Debenhams Blue Cross Sale.

It's an insane sale because prices are slashed by as much as 70%(!!!). And I'm lucky because most of the styles of their clothes are "me." Hehe!

So, this morning I opened the Debs store at Shang. I went to the store in Glorietta last night, but I think other men already beat me to the pieces. There were only a few good sale items left. I like the Shang store because it's way, way bigger and therefore, have more items on stock.

The items this season aren't that tropical weather friendly though. In the past seasons, there were a lot of long-sleeved shirts and casual jackets that were very apt for Philippine weather conditions. The items I saw this morning were not so much. There were a lot of sweaters and jackets but with thick linings. The prices were insane, but seriously, how do you intend to wear fleece in this country. Hahaha! (There were cotton sweaters though that could be used for work - from P2K++ to P700!!!)

Still, I was able to get some good loot. Shirts that were originally priced at P3,000 were bought for a third of its original price. Not bad, huh! And I like this store very much because I could fit into a size Small. Hehehe! The second shirt really has a nice print, but my phone is unable to take macro shots though. So, it doesn't really look drab in real life. Hahaha!

After Debs, I also checked out the sales at Paul Smith and Homme et Femme. Not much good stuff at Paul Smith. A lot of good stuff at Homme et Femme. Shirts, jeans and shoes were marked down by 50% off, some even more. So if you're one who likes Jil Sander or Dries Van Noten or MMM in your closet or if you just really have money to burn (you lucky bastard! Haha!), then go to Homme et Femme. Hehehe! The store has a good Y-3 collection, too, as well as Comme des Garcons Play shirts. I'm just thankful that I'm past that phase of getting pricey shirts and that I'm now very kuripot.

For bags, I wouldn't mind spending because I'm really a bag person and I know bags "live" a long life with me. (Actually, I'm looking for a backpack and a tote so I can say goodbye to the Gap backpack and the Jack Spade tote. Wehehe!) But for shirts, I'd really rather go for the marked down items anytime. Yeah, I'm such a sale whore. And damn proud of it. Hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment