Saturday, September 25, 2010

Busy with "The Project..."

So things have been pretty crazy at work this past week. It's going to be like this until the end of November.

On top of the usual daily grind, I was given a project in support of the company's battle cry to have "Internet for All." It's only logical. The "Internet for All" vision, I mean.

Fifteen or so years ago, the thrust was for every Pinoy to have a cellphone in his or her hand. Now that that seems to be a reality, the next move really is Internet connectivity.

Going back to the project, it was originally meant to be implemented during the first half of the year. But due to some uncontrollable circumstances, the journey to launching the project took time and was peppered with challenges.

At some point, it becomes frustrating. Getting a US visa was much easier compared to getting the correct recipe for the project.

But just like what Robin Padilla said, "Tink pasitib. Wag kang aayaw." LOL!

Two Fridays ago, the project was "unofficially" launched. The next two weeks are very critical for the project because the output this November will depend on the material to be generated these two weeks.

Excited. Anxious. Looking forward.

One thing's for sure. I already know it will be successful. It is already successful.

This is the part where I tell the universe what will happen. Hehe!

I've been asking friends to pray for the project, and I know they've been doing that. I am grateful.

One of the best things about this project is that I'm working with three of the country's most respected individuals from this particular industry. I have faith in their five sidekicks and I know they will deliver.

The other thing that I really liked about this project is that I met a lot of individuals with their own stories to tell. A mom working doubly hard to feed her family. A teacher who leads his students in being proud of the local culture. A group of strangers who became friends because of a shared passion for traveling. Just to name a few.

I'm excited to tell their stories. Wait a couple of weeks and if all goes as planned, you will already know about it.

Dude, are you ready for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment