Monday, September 13, 2010

Tagaytay with friends old and new...






Friday and Saturday of the long weekend was spent at Tagaytay with friends old and new.

Earlier during the week, Tey, Engel and I agreed to head to Tagaytay for the long weekend. We decided to invite Xzenia, Jeff, and Errol to complete the cast of Will & Grace or Queer as Folk or Gimik (LOL!). Tey's nephew Ken joined us so it was cool having a little kid in tow. We were supposed to meet up with Winston in Tagaytay, but it turned out that he didn't go. Jonjon was supposed to go with us, but flaked at the last minute when we were waiting for him at Sta. Rosa.

Still, it turned out to be a fantab overnight out of town.

The original plan was to have dindin at Sonya's Garden. Engel hasn't been to the place and he wanted to try it out. I made reservations at the fantab dining place. Unfortunately, we didn't make it in time. Thanks to the heavy rain that poured on our way to Tagaytay, we reached the city around 8PM. Ugh!

The good thing about this though is that everyone agreed to just have dindin at Sanctuario. It was fantab because I got to visit and see good friend Sean. We haven't seen each other in ages, and I knew he had some juicy chismax for me. Haha!

After stuffing ourselves with Sanctuario food, we headed to the Cliffhouse for dessert and coffee at Cafe Breton.

From there, we headed to Sean's beautiful and cozy home which was a short drive from Cliffhouse. Hmm, it has changed since I was last there. It's still the same home, but it is different.

We hung out at Sean's home until 2 in the morning. It was an enjoyable time just having some drinks and good conversations.

The following morning, we were supposed to have breakfast at Sonya's but that didn't push through again because we all woke up late. Jeez! I'm going to get blacklisted already at Sonya's. Hehe!

Since it was already nearing 11AM, we just headed to Leslie's for a full brunch. It's good we got there early because the place wasn't that busy yet. We got to pick a nice table, which had a fantab view of the Taal Lake. Thank you Lord for clear skies.

After the Filipino brunch, we finally drove to Sonya's Garden where the girls brought bread and other stuff. Photo sessions were in order, definitely.

We then headed to Caleruega since Jeff and Engel have never been there. It was more photo sessions, and some "people" watching. Hehehe!

We headed back to Manila afterwards. I reached home before 8PM. Aguinaldo was slightly chaotic. Haha! I was dead tired by the time I reached my house.

Would've wanted to still go out, but I had to wake up early today. Planning to do some work. The coming week is going to be crazy.

At least, I got to spend two days outside of chaotic Manila. I couldn't be more thankful.

How was your weekend? :)

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried the Sanctuario in Tagaytay. There's one in Metrowalk owned by the same people daw. I love the one in Metrowalk. I don't know if there is any difference between the two of them though.

    Fickle Cattle
    ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya, the owner of the Metrowalk branch is the sister of the owner of the Tagaytay branch. Not sure too if there's any difference in the taste. :)

    ReplyDelete