Monday, May 28, 2012

Go on and cry...

















"So go on and cry Ophelia
It's the only thing to do sometimes
You know I'm crying too
Right there with you
It's alright Ophelia
Everybody cries Ophelia"
- Adam Cohen

I was recently trying to recall when the last time I cried was.

No, not shed a tear nor get misty-eyed. I mean to really cry until your vision is blurred by the continuous flow of tears, until your eyes turn red, until you have to knock some sense into yourself to stop crying because you're starting to have difficulty breathing.

Sometimes, I worry that if one hasn't cried for such a very long time, it's because something worth crying over is bound to come sooner or later.

I've always thought that it's not true. We are after all in command of our own lives (most of the time).

But then something does happen, and despite thinking that you're strong and that you wouldn't cry, you find yourself in tears.

And you just have to wait until the tears stop...

Photo from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment