Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cutest Korean couple ever... hehe...











Once in awhile, I would do a random search for LGBT films on YouTube. Most recently, I stumbled upon the Korean movie "No Regrets." Story was quite okay. Weird ending though. (Not going to say here whether it's a happy one of not, so you'll be curious to watch it. Hehe!)

Last week, I can't remember what it was that I was watching on YouTube but I saw on the side bar a number of clips named Tae Sub & Kyung Soo (eng Sub) Part.

I clicked and watched one vid, and that was all it needed for me to get hooked. Haha!

Tae Sub and Kyung Soo are the two gay characters in the Korean soap "Life is Beautiful." The series is about the lives of the members of a family living in Jeju island. Tae Sub (played by Song Chang-ui) is a His partner Kyung-soo (played by Lee Sang-woo) is a photographer/university lecturer. The latter was living the "picture-perfect" life - beautiful wife, beautiful daughter, affluent family. The drama when his affair with Tae Sub results in him being outed and his wife filing for divorce.

You won't see any of this in the vidclips on YouTube. The clips available on YouTube (which are actually more interesting... hehe!) follows the story of Tae Sub & Kyung Soo as a couple.

There are 29 clips, I think. I'm on clip 14 now. It's sooo addicting. Haha! If you're into cheese, you have to watch this. If you're into drama, you have to watch this. If you're just into good-looking Koreans, you have to watch this. Hehe!

The issues faced by the two characters, both as individuals and as a couple, are certainly familiar to LGBTs.

I'm a bit surprised to find out that the Korean culture is still dominantly conservative, so kudos to the network, the writer and the cast of this series for being courageous enough to put out a show with gay characters... on daytime television!

The series aired in 2010. From what I read, there were about 60 over episodes. In each episode though, the Tae Sub and Kyung Soo story  will only get about 15 minutes airtime. That's why it's awesome that their vids are available on Youtube. Whoever was behind the clips, thank you!!!

Or should I say kamsa hamnida. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment