Friday, August 3, 2012

Madz night...





















As I've previously posted, a bunch of Filipino friends and I were able to catch the one-night only Madz concert at the Esplanade Concert Hall.

It was Coly who sent a group FB message whether anyone would be interested to watch the concert.

Everyone in the group said yes. Pg Boy also said he was interested to watch the concert since he missed the performance in his hometown.

Unfortunately, he had to fly out that week for work. Tipz and Rea were also not able to watch the show because of work.

Still, we ended up being a huge group - Coly, Rich, Mon, Owen, Jupiter, Ian, Chris, Edsel and me. Hehe!

As expected, the Madz didn't fail to amaze. After each song, there would be thunderous applause from the audience.

It was definitely a proud moment for Filipinos.

What was also great that night was that I noticed that there were several locals and ang mohs who watched the show. I thought that it would be 80-90% Filipinos, but I was really glad to see a mixed crowd. Yey!

The Philippine Madrigal Singers, or Madz, was founded in 1963 by tNational Artist Professor Andrea O. Veneracion. It used to be called the University of the Philippines Madrigal Singers. I'm not sure when the name change happened.

I can't remember the last time I watched them perform, so I was really glad they had a performance here.


No comments:

Post a Comment