Monday, August 20, 2012

Dempsey + Tiong Bahru Sunday...






















What was supposed to be a brunch get-together turned out into an entire day of cafe-hopping and a zi char dinner.

Because of the long weekend, most people are either out of town or busy with other things. MkSurf8 and RKGreg headed to Thailand. Chris had his RCT, plus he and Ian were occupied with moving in and fixing the new place. Richie was working. Dunno where Mon was. The same was true with Pg Boy's friends. Ken was in Bangkok. E was in Bangkok.

That left me, Pg Boy and Pg Boy's friends Andi and Ho spending the entire Sunday together. Lol.

Andi suggested having brunch at Dempsey. He wanted to have it at House. Ho wanted to have it Jones the Grocer. Hehe. By the time Pg Boy and I reached Dempsey, the boys have already gotten at table at Jones.

In the middle of brunch, I posted a photo of the brunch plate on Twitter. A few minutes later, I get a message from Owen asking me to head over to his "tiangge" for a freebie. Hehe! Wheee!

From Jones, we moved to Ben & Jerry's since Andi wanted ice cream and I could use the dessert as well.

An hour or two later, Andi and Ho were thinking where to go. I suggested that we might as well go to House. So we walked to over to House and stayed for a few hours as well.

By the time we left, it was almost 6. I already missed Mass and I didn't know of any other late Mass aside from the one at faraway Bukit Batok. :-/

Agreeing that we're all Dempsey-ed out already, someone suggested having dinner at Tiong Bahru. The first thing that came to mind was Por Kee at Seng Poh Lane.

Andi's never been to the place so he was quite excited about it. I was excited for the homemade tofu. Ho suggested we order the Thai Style Steam Fish. I remember another friend saying that I should try it because it's really good.

It was. Along with the homemade tofu and the crispy chicken, it was quite a good dinner. The steam fish is served in a huge fish-shaped plate on top of a food warmer. The spicy Thai soup is served separately and the Auntie will pour the soup over the fish once it's served on the table. Really nice, but quite ex. Hehe!

By the time we finished din, I was really feeling bloated already from the whole day of just eating and sitting down. I really thought I would have the energy to still go to Avalon that night to check out the club. However, by the time Pg Boy and I reached his side of the island we were both dead tired.

That and the fact that the day of cafe-hopping + zi char really broke my wallet. Haha! :S Still, it was a good day. Relaxed and anything goes.

The best thing other than the food and the company, no need to wake up early on a Monday. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment