Friday, August 24, 2012

Moving... to a new work area...



Today I moved to a new work area.

My team lead feels that I sit quite far from the rest of the team, and I guess she sort of feels sorry for me that I am separated from my team mates. (Or maybe it's just becoming too troublesome always having to call me every time there's a team meeting. Hehe!)

If it were up to me, I'm perfectly okay with my work area. I dun really like moving. Whether it's moving homes or moving to a new work area, I'd avoid it as much as possible. Hehe.

Since I don't really have a choice, I went to work quite early this morning, packed my things and started moving my boxes.

After transferring the boxes, the first thing I did before setting up my PC and arranging things was to take out my iPhone, and launch this app MkSurf8 shared with me and Chris.

The app name is Geomancy. Based on my birthday and Kua number, it tells me which direction to face using the iPhone's compass app.

From there, I began setting up the things in my new work area.

I'm not really a huge feng shui fan. My Mom is. For as long as I can remember, she's been moving things around the house because of feng shui. When I started working, she brought me to Chinatown so we can consult on what feng shui "gadgets" to get.

Hmm, I'm not really sure if it helps. It probably does. I am in Singapore after all. Hehe!

So I'm really wishing my Mom is here right now so she can help me feng shui my work area.

With the little that I know about how to feng shui the work area, I need a dragon tortoise, a jade cicacada, some crystals, a panting of a mountain, a mirror, to begin with. All these things I had back in Pinas. I wish I brought em with me.

I'm not on the verge of freaking out but this new work area is quite a challenge to feng shui. There are a number of so-called poison arrows I have to remedy. Sigh.

But for now, the best I can do is to face my Personality Development direction. It's impossible to face the direction for Success but at least it's to my right. Hehe!

Indirectly behind me is the window, which is not really good. But at the same time, behind me is the Total Loss direction. So I'm just telling myself that it'll be okay because I'm turning my back on the Killings and the Total Loss directions. Hehe!

Next, must find time to head down to Chinatown this weekend to get the "gadgets." Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment