Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Mistress... I want to watch...





Aside from adobo and Jollibee, one more thing I miss about the Philippines is watching cheesy Pinoy movies. Hehe!

Yeah, yeah, I'm a huge sucker for (most of) these flicks by Star Cinema.

Minimum requirement: John Lloyd Cruz or Sam Milby.

I'm not very much up-to-date with who  the stars of the moment are in Philippine showbiz, but these two guys are among my all-time favorites. So far, I've really enjoyed every film these guys have appeared in. (Believe it or not, I dun care too much for Piolo. Sheesh, I still remember that film of his with Angel Locsin shot in Mindanao and in Australia. Yeesh! *shudder*)

Oh, oh... and any film with... Sharon Cuneta. Hehe! (so much for being a closeted Sharonian.)

My friend Noreen who's a writer for ABS-CBN recently mentioned the movie The Mistress in her blog.

She shared a line from the movie, which I guess have been and will be tweeted and posted in every social networking site. Haha!

"Walang babaeng pinangarap maging kabit."

It was only yesterday that I got to watch the trailer and Youtube. Right after watching the trailer, I sort of wish I could catch it on the big screen.

The film looks very promising with its cast and the plot. The Bea and JLC tandem has already proven formula, so I'm quite sure that tatabo sa takilya ang pelikulang ito. Hehe!

Oh, Noreen's fave line may have been Bea's. The one I liked was that of Hilda Koronel's character. "Layuan mo ang asawa ko. Tagalog iyan para maintindihan mo."

I love how she delivered the line. It was with the emotion expected of the line. Really good.

I wonder if it will have the same effect in in another language...

"Wo de zhangfu duzi likai. Mandarin iyan para maintindihan mo." Haha!

5 comments:

  1. Another favorite line: Puwede ko ba siyang gustuhin?

    :p

    ooooh i so love JLC! have you seen Unofficially Yours? He was so sexy there!!! as in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang galing ng writer, friend!!! :D No, I didn't get to watch Unofficially Yours. :-(

    Hope DVDs will be available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. friend you should follow superstarmarian on twitter. parody account sya ni Marian Rivera. may sarili siyang version ng The Mistress... DamiStress. aliw hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mr Angelo

    May I know where u did you crown after you did your root canal at dr wong ?

    Please share as I dont know a good place to do crown.

    Thank you
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam. I'm going to have it done at Advance Dental Surgery. Address is 31A Jalan Sutera, Taman Sentosa, 80150 Johor Bahru. Phone no is 07 3341339. :)

    ReplyDelete