Monday, January 21, 2013

Signed up for another course...

It seems like a significant part of 2013 will be about "learning new skills." Hehe!

Uhm, I may have mentioned in a previous post that I registered for a language class. Since I feel like I have some free time on certain nights during the week, I decided to sign up for a language class at the ERC Institute.

I've been looking for more affordable language classes, but I've been having difficulty finding one. Most of the classes average at SGD400. Eeep! I dun want to shell out that amount of money. I could go for a language class at the local Community Center but my problem was I couldn't find a schedule that fit mine.

Constant Googling paid off though. I stumbled upon the ERC website and a post saying that they're offering the language course at half-price. I decided to email and ask if it was possible to pay in installments and they agreed. Yey!

Classes start end of February.

There is another course I wanted to take. It's completely not related to my present or previous work. I dunno how I'll use the skill if I do go for the course. Hehe!. I am just interested. Again, I think I have too much free time so I decided I can probably take another short course.

Just like the language class, the courses I found for this skill I wanted to learn were expensive. If the language classes were about SGD400, this skills training I was interested in were a few thousand. Yaiks! No way! Haha!

Luck was only my side again because on a recent trip to the Philippine embassy, I saw a tarp standee for a certain organization that provided skills training for OFWs.

When I got to the office the following day, I gave the org a call to inquire more about the short course. Hehe!

Yesterday, I signed up for the short course. Whereas the language course will only run for about 10 sessions, this short course will run from April to Oct/Nov. It's twice a month. Each session is about three hours. Hehe!

I'm kinda excited because I have zero background about the course. I'm kinda nervous because I dunno how the course will be like. Hehe!

We'll see how it goes.

More on this as the course start date nears.

So there, it does seem like "learning and personal enrichment" are among the major themes of my 2013. Major themes talaga?! Haha!

1 comment: