Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Brunch with the bros (Lol)...





Met up with Chris, Ian and MkSurf8 last Saturday for brunch.

MkSurf8 suggested that we have a brunch to celebrate Ian's bday as well as to welcome 2013. And if it's MkSurf8 who calls for a get-together, you dun say no to Madame. Hehe! Kidding.

As always, it was great seeing these three guys especially since we all had our own New Year celeb. Ian was in Shanghai for New Year. MkSurf8 was in HK with the folks. Chris was in Upper Boon Keng. Hehe!

We agreed to meet at Robertson Walk and decide there where to go for brunch.

Initially, we thought of going to Kitchen + Bar by the Merry Men or Bar Bar Black Sheep but I think neither were open yet.

em by the river was suggested since it's also a great brunch place.

However, we decided to try something new so we settled for Toby's Estate.

If you want good coffee, you'll definitely want to head down to this place. It's definitely one of the best coffee places in town.

As for the food, I did enjoy the brunch that I have. Most of the brunch plates are below $20, which is quite great.

I ordered the croissant with scrambled eggs and espresso maple bacon, which was just $10. I ordered extra sides of sauteed mixed mushrooms and honey baked ham, which together cost $5.

When my plate arrived, I was pleasantly surprised because it was quite a big serving, even for me.
Oh, one thing I like about the place was that they were okay with replacing the croissant with two pieces of brioche. (Or maybe because they already ran out of croissant and had no choice. Hehe!)

Chris and Ian had the Peasant Eggs with some add-ons. MkSurf8 had Toby's Breakfast.

I dunno about the guys, but I did enjoy my breakfast. I definitely also enjoyed the Latte. It was good and I wouldn't mind having a second cup... errr... glass.

Toby’s Estate
8 Rodyk Street
#01-03/04 Singapore
Tel: +65 6636 7629
Daily: 7.30am – 6pm

2 comments:

  1. looks yum! hey soon to be gym buddy! CP and I might drop by Alexandra FF on saturday for a swim and class :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heya, soon to be gym buddy. haha! i've never been to alexandra ff. too far. lol. i'll be away this weekend. but i will def see you in one of the branches vsoon. ;)

    ReplyDelete