Sunday, January 20, 2013

Wiley goes to the zoo...



The pouring rain yesterday didn't stop me from attending the Wiley Family Day at the Singapore Zoo.

When I briefly got up at 4AM just to pee, I was hearing heavy rain. I thought to myself that it will probably stop by morning. I was wrong.

When PG Boy and I left his place and headed to Pasir Ris to catch the shuttle the company chartered for the event, it was still raining. When we reached the zoo, which was on the other side of the island, it was still pouring.

Still, we tried to enjoyed the event and the zoo. It was great seeing colleagues outside of the office. It was also great that I got to bring PG Boy with me. He got to meet a few of my close friends at the office. I also brought Miru, another good friend, since I had a few extra tix. Meanwhile, Bernard invited Anthony, Chinmay and Ling to the event. The six of us hung mostly during the day.

It was my first time to the zoo. I once said that the only time I would go there is if Singapore is already kicking me out. Yaiks. I hope this isn't a sign. My work pass is currently up for renewal. Plus, technically speaking, I am going only because of the company event. It wasn't my decision to hold it at the zoo. Lordy, you know this right? Please keep me in SG for a few more years. Hehe!

Despite the rain, it still turned out to be an enjoyable event. We didn't get to explore much of the zoo because it was raining the entire day. Most of the animals were hiding as well. Hehe. But I did get to see the elephants, the feeding of the white tigers (beautiful animals!!!), some otters, a lot of monkeys, and the latest addition to the zoo - pandas KaiKai and JiaJia and a very lonely red panda.

The other highlight was winning in the Lucky Draw. Bernard was hoping to win the Grand Prize - a 3D/2N stay at a luxury hotel in Sentosa. I was hoping to win the 2nd Prize - an iPad mini. We both didn't get what we wanted, but I won a consolation prize - an iPod shuffle. Hehe! Whooppee!


Now, I dun have to think of a pressie for my brother Raymond. His birthday is this coming week. I hope he needs a music gadget. Hehe! Thank you, Wiley! :D

From the zoo, PG Boy and I headed back to civilization for an impromptu date. We decided to catch The Impossible at Shaw Lido. Prior to that, we had dinner at Din Tai Fung in Wisma. It was the perfect place for dinner. We had noodles with dumplings, porkchop with fried rice, and hot & sour soup. The hot soup and the noodles were just great for the rainy weather. Hehe!

Twas a good Saturday! :D In a way, it was still good that the Family Day pushed through. Otherwise, PG Boy and I would've probably just chosen to stay at home and lazed because of the rain. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment