Saturday, March 16, 2013

New volunteer opportunity...

This morning, I went for an interview for a volunteer post.

It was a volunteer post I've been eyeing and have been waiting for for quite some time now. Every time I would check the website of that organization, I would always see "There is currently no recruitment for volunteers."

That changed last Monday.

Because PG Boy asked me over the weekend about volunteering with the organization, I decided to check the org website when I got into work and there it was...

Landing page had a huge banner that said "Recruitment of Museum Volunteers Ongoing." Yay! I clicked on the banner and I was led to a page that said Application deadline 3 March 2013. Monday was 4 March 2013. Boo!

Still, I submitted an application. I figured I wouldn't lose anything. Come the following Monday, I received an email from the group saying I've been shortlisted for the volunteer recruitment. Yay!

This morning, during the interview (which I think went well), I told the interviewers about the status of my work pass. They told me it was a concern. Boo!

My new work pass expires this 2014 March. The organization requires a one-year commitment until July 2014. That's because training is April until June and the actual deployment is this July. I just told the interviewers that regardless of the interview, I plan to do everything I can to stay in the country.

I would be lying if I say that I wasn't a bit crestfallen upon hearing that the work pass status was a concern. I expected it to be a concern though. I really planned to mention the work pass status during the interview. I'm wondering now whether I should have delayed divulging that information. Hehe.

I already saw the training course topics and schedule and it is wonderful and exciting. I can already imagine it will be a good learning experience. Sigh.

There's nothing I can do now but wait. The results of the interview will be released in a week's time. Crossing my fingers. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to take it as a sign...

1 comment: