Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Where to stay in Kathmandu...



For the trip to Kathmandu, our partner foundation recommended we stay at Kathmandu Guest House. The short stay at Kathmandu Guest House helped make my first trip to Nepal a memorable one.

The hotel used to be a Rana mansion. (The Rana dynasty ruled the Kingdom of Nepal from 1846 until 1951). Much of the original structure still exists. It has a nice courtyard and garden where you can just find a corner to read, write, have coffee or chat with friends. The rooftop gives a view of the surrounding neighborhood and a mountain range. The front desk staff is generally friendly. Look for Uttam, who is the most friendly to everyone.

The hotel has different room options. Room rates range from the affordable to the more expensive ones. The room I got was a Standard Room, which was about US$40 a night. I stayed in 410. The room had three single beds, a TV, a halogen heater, hot/cold shower, dresser, chair and table. I had the basics that I need so I was definitely happy.

What I also loved about KGH was its location. It is smack right in the middle of tourist central Thamel. This meant easy access to shops and restaurants. :)

I would definitely want to stay again in this hotel on my next visit to Nepal.

1 comment:

  1. sir magkano lahat ng expenses mo sa nepal travelling?? thanks!

    ReplyDelete