Thursday, March 28, 2013

Old sketches...







On my recent trip back to Manila, I found my sketchbook for a Visual Arts class I had in uni.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the sketches I did are still in good condition, considering that these were done over ten years ago. Haha!

On my senior year in uni, we had to take up an Elective class. While the rest of my blockmates were registered in an Anthropology class, I was happily drawing in my Visual Arts class. Hehe!

Okay, okay, I admit that one of the main reasons I signed up for the Visual Arts class was because I wanted a final grade of 1.0-1.25. Haha! (I think I got a 1.25. I have to check my transcripts. Hehe!)

But the class turned out to be a good one. Most of my classmates were students under the Philippine Arts program. I was the only one from the Organizational Communication program.

Our teacher was the late Sid Hildawa. At that time, I didn't know that he was actually a very accomplished individual. He was a good teacher. I was sorry to hear about his untimely demise.

After the semester, I still did a few sketches. Those are my folks. I wanted to draw my entire family, but I didn't get to finish it anymore. The other portrait is... me! This was when I was still in prep school. Hehe!

I haven't been doing a lot of sketches now. I dunno. I'm too preoccupied with too many other things. But at least, I'm glad that I got to do these few drawings then.

It's proof that I am indeed one of the sons of Antonio Morales. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment