Thursday, April 4, 2013

Two years Singapura...

Today marks my second year in Singapore and with Wiley. :)

The dream to work here started in 2008 when I visited friends Richie, Mon, Jean and Joi. It took three years before the dream became a reality (hehe!), but I'm really happy to have been given this blessing.

Really grateful to all the people who have inspired/encouraged/supported me in making this happen. Among them MkSurf8, Chris, Ian...

The story of how the dream became a reality is here.

Lately though, things have been quite uncertain for foreign workers. Measures to tighten the inflow of foreign workers keep on being introduced. Work pass applications, both new and renewals, are being rejected. Anti-foreigner sentiments abound online.

Still, I'm grateful to have experienced the last two years and to start a third year. One day at a time, I suppose...

It's just a bit stressful because it's difficult to make long-term plans because of the uncertainty here. Add to that the fact that I worry about what will happen to me and PG Boy if ever... Knock on wood a million times. Haha!

Sabi nga ni Bien, "Mygash, ...years in the making ang pagkakaroon ko ng jowa, tapos wawasakin lang ng MOM? No no no." Hahaha! True that!

Anyway, this is a post about being grateful. My sentiments on being a foreign worker in a country I really love is reserved for another time. Hehe!"

Thank you ulit sa lahat lahat ng kaibigan!

2 comments:

  1. congrats friend! time really flies by here in Singapura! :-) cheers to more years here or beyond! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, friend! you're right! time does fly by quite fast. hehe! good thing i have wonderful friends who make every moment very memorable. hehe! :)

      Delete