Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Saveur at Purvis...





Just across the National Library (at Purvis Steet), there is a restaurant that serves "affordable French food." The name is Saveur.

I've heard about the place several months ago, and I've been meaning to try it. However, PG Boy and I would always find a long queue whenever we would go. Hehe!

Last Saturday, thanks to his friend who knew the pastry chef, we were able to get a table and I finally got to try out the food at this restau.

The business must be doing very well because the place now occupies the space next door. That and I read that they will be opening another branch somewhere.

Not bad for place that started as a food stall in a kopitiam along East Coast Road, right?

One of the most popular dishes, if not the most popular, is the angel hair pasta with minced pork and dried shrimps. I was very hungry that night so I ordered one for myself. Hehe. For my mains, I ordered the chicken roulade.

Other dishes we ordered were two types of foie gras, a duck salad, and several desserts (panna cotta, creme brulee, chocolate mousse, strawberries and cream).

Just a warning though, the portions are quite small so you end up ordering for more. Hehe. Still, the place offers wallet-friendly and decent French food. And the place obviously continues to be a favorite given the queue.

Saveur 5 Purvis Street Singapore 188584 6333 3121 Operating Hours: Mondays to Sundays, 12.00pm till 2.30pm and 6.00pm till 9.30pm

1 comment: