Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Labor day, cycling day...



Happy Labor Day!

Woke up quite early today to go cycling with my nature walk buddy Mr. Lim. Originally, the plan was to meet up this Sunday for our usual nature walk. Since PG Boy will be out of town, I thought Mr. Lim and I could go on one of our long nature walks. Early this week, he messaged that he wouldn't be free this weekend.

So, we just agreed to meet up today. However, I told him that I wanted to stay in the East and that I had to head back by noontime. It's the middle of the week and I didn't want the day to be too tiring because there's still work tomorrow.

That's why he suggested that we just go cycling at East Coast Park. I was a bit surprised that he suggested we could to East Coast Park because I remember him saying that the bike rental at ECP is just too ex. About $8-$10 an hour. It is actually expensive because when we went to Pulau Ubin, that was what we paid for a half-day bike rent.

Anyway, we spent about two hours cycling along the bike route of ECP. We took the path going to Changi Airport. I like that path, even when I went running with MkSurf8, Chris and Ian, because there weren't too many people who go that way. The run, or in this case, the cycling becomes even more relaxing.

The East Coast Park is actually one of my favorite places around the island. If it weren't so far away from my place or even from PG Boy's place, I think I would go there more often.

From ECP, Mr. Lim and I headed to the Old Airport Road Hawker Centre for lunch. The place is home to quite a few popular food stalls. One of these is the lor mee stall. When Mr. Lim and I left the place, the lor mee stall had a very long queue. I'm guessing the last guy in the line would have to wait for about 20-30 minutes before he got his lor mee. The other "interesting" food stalls in this hawker centre are the stall that sells turtle soup and another one that sells crocodile meat. Eesh! I dun think I'm ready to try either. Hehe.

Afterward, Mr. Lim did a little bit of grocery at the wet market and Fair Price before he dropped me off at Eunos. I headed back to PG Boy's place and then just spent the afternoon taking a nap, looking for prospect jobs and calling the Phils. Something's up.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Labour Day~ wish you have a nice day~ =)

    Regards, www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary)

    ReplyDelete