Monday, May 27, 2013

Sunday noontime at Pasar Bella...



Since Saturday evening, I was not feeling very well.

I am not sure if it has anything to do with the weather. Or if some bug is going around. I just felt feverish. With nothing planned, PG Boy and I just had dinner and then headed back.

Yesterday morning, I was feeling better. I woke up a bit late for Mass but thankfully, I still managed to reach the church in time.

Ian and MkSurf8 invited for brunch, but I opted to skip as I wasn't sure about whether I'd get better. Another reason was because I think I sort of agreed to meet up with Mr. Lim along with PG Boy. Mr. Lim asked if I was up for a hike this past weekend. I told him I didn't have my hiking gear with me and that I wasn't really feeling very well.

Also, I needed to allot some time to head to the library to borrow some books for the tour paper I need to write.

So around noontime, PG Boy and I were at the Bishan Public Library borrowing some books on Singapore history. Afterwards, Mr. Lim picked us up and off we went to the weekend market at The Grandstand (formerly known as Turf City).

After a nice, hearty lunch at an Indian restau named Curry Gardenn, the three of us walked to the nearby weekend market named Pasar Bella to check it out. Pasar in Malay means market. Bella in Italian means beautiful (but I guess you already know that).

Mr. Lim was saying that the Pasar Bella was similar to the Fremantle weekend market at Perth. Since I have never been to Perth, I just went with him to see what it was. If it reminded Mr. Lim and PG Boy of Perth, then it reminded me of Mercato at Fort Bonifacio.

That's what Pasar Bella pretty much is - a nice weekend market where one kind find almost all kinds of stuff including fresh produce and seafood, home decor items, cakes, pastries, macarons, coffee, tea, cheese, wine and so on. There was one store that sold paella! I wish I knew about it before lunch. Hehe!

There were many things to take photos of but unfortunately, my blasted iPhone was acting up and my photos turned out to be quite dull. Hehe!

After lunch and coffee, PG Boy and I headed back home, while Mr. Lim decided to go to Orchard to do some shopping.

I was really tired when I reached home. It was puzzling for me why. Anyway, it was a good Sunday afternoon.

Oh, the thing about Pasar Bella is that it is so difficult to reach. I dun think it's accessible by bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment