Thursday, May 9, 2013

PhilHealth, SSS...

When I left the Philippines a few years ago, I stopped doing my monthly contributions to SSS and PhilHealth.

I never really got to fully appreciate these government services so I didn't really see the need to continue contributing. Hehe!

I did get to avail of some benefits one can get from contributing. I was able to make a small loan from SSS, which helped me in my move to Singapore. The other time was when my Dad needed to undergo surgery. The PhilHealth contributions I think helped slash the hospital costs a lot.

Recently, I found myself at Lucky Plaza updating my records with both government agencies. I paid my annual premium for PhilHealth so that my parents may use it when needed (and recently, my Dad has been using the PhilHealth of my bros) and I started continuing my contributions for SSS. According to SSS, one would get some form of pension by 60 years old as long as one has completed at least 120 months of contribution. I checked my contributions and I already have 62 months of contribution.

This somehow encouraged me to continue with my contributions. (I still have to learn though how to compute the pension though. Hehe!)

The lady at the PhilHealth section at iRemit was very nice and helpful. I couldn't say the same about the lady at SSS. Bleh!

I think I'm more keen to continue making the contributions to SSS. My Mom was urging me to start with PAG-IBIG again but I said no for now. Hehe!

At least, there is something good that's coming out from this "challenge" that the family is undergoing right now. I am beginning to appreciate and to see the need for planning for old age.

2 comments:

  1. Tagal ko na gusto mag loan sa SSS. Para daw kasi tumaas premium kailangan mag loan. Kaso di ko maasikaso.

    May Pagibig ako dati. Di ko na din tinuloy. Sayang. Wala na ako Pagibig. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friend, gow sa SSS. I think the premium is dependent on your salary. The highest premium is 1,560/month. Not bad at all, di ba? =)

      Natawa ako sa Pagibig.

      Delete