Saturday, May 4, 2013

I voted today...







I took the afternoon off today to head down to the Philippine Embassy to vote.

I dunno if age has something to do with it or it's being away from the Philippines, but I've noticed I've become more political these past few years. I want to know what's really happening with the Philippines. I want to know what's happening in Singapore. I want to know what's happening in other parts of the world.

In a way, it's both good and bad. Hehe! It's good because I am updated with the latest news. It's bad because sometimes I get so angry with the news that I feel like my blood pressure really shoots up. Hehe! That's why on some days, I choose to skip the news.

Going back to the election, I already psyched myself for all sorts of inconveniences when I reach the embassy. But surprise, surprise, everything was very efficient and very organised. Well done, COMELEC! :D

I was done in about 10 minutes. Well, for one, there weren't that many people voting. It was very easy though. I just showed my IC. The staff verified my name and then I was given a slip of paper indicating which precint I should go to.

The venue was well-organised and most importantly, there was A/C! Haha! I really appreciated it given that this afternoon was very humid. I was sweating buckets on the way to the embassy.

The COMELEC staff explained what I needed to do. I took a seat. Made my vote and afterwards, I was led to the PCOS machine to submit my ballot. Very, very quick!

< Given this, there's really no excuse for us not to vote. The embassy will be open Monday to Sunday, 9AM - 5PM until 13 May for all voters.

So please, please do vote. Your vote could be the one to prevent from from winning a seat.

And as they say, if you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain...

No comments:

Post a Comment