Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Saturdate at La Petite Cuisine and Habitat Coffee



I may have mentioned it in a previous post, but I will just say it again. One of the things PG Boy and I like to do during weekends is to try out new restaus and cafes around the island.

Okay, I have to correct that. Mostly, the restaus we try are either in the East or the Central part of the island. So far, I've had little success with convincing him to go to my side of town more often. Hehe!

Anyway, last Saturday, PG Boy surprised me by saying that we were going on a dinner date. I really like it when he makes these surprise announcements. Hehe!

He may not agree with this, but usually I would be the one doing the suggesting where to go and he'd usually just agree.

This time, not only did he suggest the place, he even gave two options - either Changi or Marymount.

Since I was somewhere in Dhoby Ghaut and I was too tired to go to Changi, I quickly replied that we should just do Marymount. It's an area we don't really get to visit quite often. Haha!

However, I was a bit doubtful when he said Marymount because I was quite sure there was nothing there except for HDBs and the revered Raffles Institution.

It turns out Marymount would just be our meeting place. We would do a bit of walking towards Upper Thomson Road. Haha!

Alright, if you haven't been to this part of Singapore, this stretch actually has a number of interesting food places. Mr. Lim and I previously tried Nam Kee Chicken Rice. On another of our walks, we headed to Longhouse hawker for lunch.

After about 5-10 minutes of walking, PG Boy and I reached our destination - La Petite Cuisine. It's a French restau that won't burn a hole in your pocket. Hehe!

PG Boy said he read about it in one of the more popular local food blogs and he decided we should try it. The place is quite small, quite intimate. Uhm, I'm not too happy though that the kitchen was directly beside the dining area. Hehe! Dunno about you, but I really dun like leaving a food place smelling like the food place. Thankfully, it wasn't that bad. It probably meant the place has a good exhaust system.

The service was quite quick. The food was enjoyable. I ordered a chicken dish. PG Boy got a duck dish. We both ordered soup to start. There was also compli buns with butter. Our meal came out about $35 I think, which wasn't bad at all.

For dessert and coffee, we headed to Habitat which was just two doors away. I actually liked this place. It had a nice ambiance. It was very relaxed. It had that nice cafe feel. The coffee and the dessert were also quite enjoyable.

On the way back, PG Boy and I saw a few more food places that got us curious. We agreed that we have to go back and explore Upper Thomson more. Hehe!

La Petite Cuisine
227 Upper Thomson Rd Singapore 574359
Tel: 6459 0553

Habitat Coffee
223 Upper Thomson Road
Tel: 6456 2567

No comments:

Post a Comment