Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Cheesy Taiwanese flick on a Tuesday night...





It's been awhile since I last watched a Chinese flick. Hmm, I think it's because I haven't really seen any good trailers being shown in Singapore cinemas lately.

Over the weekend, PG Boy asked me if I wanted to catch Our Times with him and his best friend. I saw the movie poster of the Taiwan film but I didn't really pay much attention to it. Apparently, it is currently the highest grossing film in Taiwan this year. That means it has to be good. Hehe! Since I was entertaining ex-colleagues over the weekend, I had to decline to PG Boy's invitation.

However, I really planned to catch the film soon. Soon was last night. Lol! After spending my hours at the library, I walked over to the neighbouring mall where I booked a ticket for the 9PM screening. Surprisingly (or maybe not?), the cinema was full house... for a Tuesday night. I did a quick scan around me and more than half were university (or even secondary school) kids. I think I was the only Filipino in the cinema as well. Haha!

The film was good! No wonder it's so popular. The storyline is a bit formula but that's fine. It was enjoyable just like the other Taiwan films I loved "You are the Apple of My Eye" and "Cafe. Waiting. Love."

What I'm really looking forward to though is Last Women Standing starring Eddie-Oh-My-God-Marry-Me-Peng and Shu Qi. I've seen both act in a few films and I like them. Eddie Peng. Sigh. Haha! I think I will enjoy this film more because the characters are already in their 30s and the setting is in the professional world - something I can relate to. Our Times is a high-school romance. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment