Saturday, September 10, 2016

Random Saturday night...

It's only my first week of working in Tokyo and I feel like it's been already a decade. Haha!

Obviously, the adjustment I have to do here is waaay different from the one that I had in Singapore. Everything here is new to me. Language alone has been a challenge. I feel bad that I don't speak the language. I do want to learn it as soon as I can.

Then, one major thing that I had in Singapore that I don't really have here is the social support system. I do have two friends here and I have met two people. But truth be told, I am really starting from scratch.

So far, I haven't felt lonely. Maybe because the novelty of it all is still there. I must say that Singapore did prepare well for a solo life. Haha!

I'm okay with doing things on my own - going to church, taking the train, getting grocery, and so on. I don't want to get too comfortable with the current setup though as I'm afraid my social skills might vanish. Haha!

This evening, I met up with someone. We've been chatting for a bit of time. We scheduled to meet up a few times but for some reason, it just didn't happen. I was working late. He was finishing work late.

Now, I know why it didn't happen soon enough.

The guy's attached. Haha! Maybe it was the heavens intervening, giving me a sign not to meet up with him.

I only found out after almost an hour of having a good conversation, laughing out loud, and teasing each other over coffee and iced lemon tea. Haha! Hmm, I was somewhat crushed because he seemed like a nice guy.

According to him, his partner allows him to meet with other guys. His partner does the same thing. Whether it's because of the long distance relationship or an open relationship (I didn't ask), I don't know. I didn't bother to ask.

Hmm, I guess I felt a little bad because the conversation was turning out to be cute... too cute, actually. But seriously, who am I kidding? The guy's a kid. Hehe!

I do plan to meet up with him again as I do want to start having more than two friends in this big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment