Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Two boxes from SG have arrived...

Two of my four boxes from Singapore have arrived. I wasn't expecting the boxes til the end of September to be honest. But yeah, they're here!

Hoorayyy!

I haven’t opened the boxes yet because I get home rally late. When I get into my room, I just want to crash into bed. Maybe I will open the boxes this weekend.

Gawd, I’m really happy that the boxes reached my address. There was a minor panic episode, so I was glad when my friend Makoto gave me the number for the English hotline of Japan Post. It’s not free but I don’t even want to think about the few hundred yen I have to pay just to ensure my boxes reach me.

So over the weekend, I called the hotline and the friendly lady on the other end of the line helped schedule the delivery of the boxes as well as the other mail.

Last Monday, I was on my way home from the centre to wait for the mailman when my phone rang. It was the mailman. He was already at my home. It was only 1030AM, I think. I scheduled for the boxes to be delivered between 12 and 2. That’s Japanese efficiency for you. Haha!

With my broken Japanese, I managed to tell the friendly mailman that I was already at Machiya station and that I will reach home in about 20 minutes.

When I got home, there was a lorry parked by the house and the mailman was inside the lorry chilling. He asked me to sign the forms. He said a bunch of things, which I didn’t understand. I just said, “Hai.” Hehe!

After saying “Arigatou gozaimasu” with a big smile, I waved goodbye to Mr. Mailman. I then carried the boxes to my room and then had a nap for an hour. Haha!

SingPost and Japan Post = a match made in heaven!!!

2 comments: