Tuesday, March 13, 2007

First Entry...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ah, finally. The first blog entry.

I've been putting off this move to start a blog for some time, because things at work are just crazy. The amount of work that comes just never stops. And as I write this entry, I realize that work, or some other distraction, will always be there and that if I really want to start on this blog, I should stop waiting for the perfect moment and just make the first entry.

So here I am, it's six in the morning, I'm at the office, and while waiting for the network restriction to be removed, I write my first entry.

I thought it was only fitting to make my first entry about why I chose the name "clayman79" for my blog name. I've already used two blog names - greenjack and jackmcph.
Clayman is Samuel Clay. He is 1/2 of the wonderful duo of Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.

Joe (Kavalier) calls him Clayman. I feel a certain affinity towards clayman because he's a writer, and he really knows how to use words. Another reason why I feel this link to him is because he's, well, just read the book. Hehehe!

The 79 I added is my birth year. Unfortunately, someone already beat me to having an http://clayman.blogspot.com address so I ended up with clayman79.

So there, my first blog entry. That wasn't so hard, was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment