Friday, October 10, 2008

Early big day present... thank you, Yousif (and Tey)


Watched the TNT vs. Air21Express game last night at the Ynares Center in Pasig. Things didn't go well for TNT for the first three quarters. At one point, Express had a 13 point lead. It was scary, because there was a team photo shoot after the game and I can only imagine how difficult it would be to make the boys smile in front of the camera, even if it was Erik Liongoren doing the photos.

But the nice thing about basketball is that you don't really know who will win until the buzzer at the end of the 4th quarter. So TNT surprised the crowd when major players Alapag, Cardona, Carey and rookie Dillinger started to change the team's course in the final period.

Final score 110-101, in favor of TNT, of course. Wooohoo!

After the game, Erik and his guys set up their equipment at the court. People approached the guys for photos and autographs. I waited until their photo shoot concluded before approaching them.

And I'm happy that I got to accomplish my mission - photo with Yousif A. Hehe! It's weird because I sort of got tongue tied. Man, this was worse compared to the Piolo interview. I think I congratulated the guy for the team win, but that's it. I froze. I didn't get to mention that I cheered loudly for him and his team mates, and that I thought he's a great player, or that it's my big day in a couple of days, and would he be nice enough to write a signed birthday greeting for a fan? Hay. Stupid Angelo. Or I guess it's because I was surrounded by other bball stars that I ended up being overwhelmed. Hehe!

Anyway, Yousif seemed to be a really, really nice guy. He was warm and accommodating. He may have been tired from the game, but he was still all smiles when I asked for a photo op. Most of the TNT guys were actually nice. Except for *** or *** who were a bit arrogant. For what reason? I don't know. And *** who I thought to be an open-minded guy but made a nasty remark about something. (Which I guess is forgivable because he's only human. I just thought he'd be, uhm, nicer.) Still, I love TNT as a team.

Back to Yousif, I doubt if he would stumble upon this, but if by some trick of fate, you do see this, "You play well, Mr. Aljamal. You play well."

No comments:

Post a Comment