Thursday, October 23, 2008

One more birthday surprise...


Today was pretty eventful.

In the morning, we had the press conference at PAGASA for the new PAGASA Infoboard service. Through the service, subscribers may now receive weather updates directly from PAGASA. All you have to do is text... hahaha... just read the newspapers.

In the afternoon, we had a meeting with some employees from our sister company in Japan. They were visiting the country to join a tree planting activity, and early this evening was their briefing and welcome dinner.

Moving on, yesterday I got another nice surprise in the evening. After office, I met up with my usual CS Wednesday group - Anj, Dawnie, Monette, and Archie plus Jacob and Arnold - at nearby Ponticello. Uhm, I've been trying to keep mum about my birthday, which is difficult to do when you have a million profiles on social networking sites. Hehe!

While I was chatting with Jacob about his stay in the country, I didn't know that the others were already preparing "something." They brought out a cake with a candle from out of nowhere. Hahaha!

What a nice, sweet surprise, huh? Thanks, guys. You're really good! Hehe! The cake also served as Jacob's despedida cake and Arnold's welcome cake. Haha! It was also Jacob's last night in Manila before going back to China, while for Arnold, it was his first CS meet.

From Ponti, we went to Music21 for a little (okay, a LOT of) videoke. Woohoo! And Filipinos that we truly are, we spent hours and hours singing our hearts out. It was great hearing everyone sing. Even Jacob joined the singing. It's a good thing that Music21 has a repertoire of Chinese songs in the videoke machines. Around midnight, Faye joined us. So did Karla (yay!) and Felix (who recently arrived from Germany).

Anj and I left by 1AM. Augh! I wish I could have stayed a little longer, but like what I wrote earlier, Thursday was packed with events and I needed the sleep and the energy. The sleep I didn't get so much because I had to be early at the office, but the energy was up there thanks to the really wonderful CS people.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment