Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And then the clock struck 12...


Today I turn a year older. Whoopppeee! To be honest, I have no issues with getting old(er). In fact, I welcome it very much because I have this thinking that with age comes greater wisdom and authority. Hahaha!!! And more responsibility. Augh! Haha!

Speaking of responsibility, I welcomed my 29th at the office. Needed to finish a simple AVP about the company's tree planting program, and I wanted to finish it asap so that my birthday wouldn't be that "toxic." Not! Hehe!

There was a very, very nice surprise though. As the clock neared 12, I was bugging colleague Engel who went home already to bring beer to the office, just so we (Reena, Nova, me and him) could say hello 29 with a round of drinks. Eeep!

He did a very good act in saying that he'll just bring breakfast for me, instead. Around midnight, Reena came in the room and started turning off some lights saying that we should conserve energy, especially since we're pushing for environment-friendly measures. Haha! Gullible person that I am, I bought her reason. Hehe!

While still working on the AVP with the editor guy, Reena, Engel and Nova came in bringing a birthday cake while singing Happy Birthday. There was also some beer. Woohooo! It was really a nice, nice surprise.

After blowing the candles and making my wish, we all had a slice of cake (Polly's!!! Yum!) and drank some beer. Hehe! I finished work around before 2AM and I was home by 3AM.

Today was pretty okay. I'm still not feeling the celebration mood, although I'm looking forward to meeting some CS Manila people tonight. The real birthday celebration would happen on Saturday afternoon with the YWCA kids. Woohoo!

Hello 29!

No comments:

Post a Comment