Saturday, October 25, 2008

Back to Banahaw and a visit to Ugu Bigyan...


I returned to Mt. Banahaw, but this time it was more for work.

Some employees from our sister company in Japan are in the country to join the tree planting, and it was my responsibility to document their short visit.

This second return I must say is much more adventurous. Needed to take a 20-30 minute hike from the dropoff point to get to the tree planting area. Thank god that I still have the energy for these activities, but really I should hit the gym again and get back into shape. Hay!

Anyway, it seemed like Sachiko, Shimojo, Yushi and Suzuki had a great time. On the way back to the barrio, it was raining so that added more fun. How many times did I slip?! Ouch! Hehe!

From Banahaw, we went to neighboring town Tiaong, Quezon and brought our Japanese friends to the home of artist Ugu Bigyan. You know how much Filipinos like to be hospitable and to show the beauty of this country, hence, the side trip to Ugu Bigyan's.

It was also my first time to go to the place, although I've heard and read about it. Wow! That was my first reaction, when I saw his home. It was really an artist's home because the architecture of the house - from the pillars to the smallest wall decor - was a conversation piece. Every piece of furniture and home accent seemed to fit with the entire concept of the home, whatever concept he was going for.

Ugu was there to personally welcome us, and like most of the real artists that I've met, he was very warm and nice. I was in heaven just going around his place and seeing all the works crafted from clay. I remember that I once wanted to take up pottery classes, so that I can make my own plates for my home. That would be really cool, right? There were so many fantastic pieces to be bought at his shop, and it was cheaper compared to Manila prices. Uhm, since I'm saving for another trip, all I bought were small doves that were attached to some kind of twig. It was nice. Could be placed as accent on a table.

The other enjoyable part of the trip was the Very Pinoy merienda prepared by Ugu himself. He cooked ginataan, pancit habhab and suman. For drinks, there was sago't gulaman. After the exhausting day in Banahaw, the trip to Ugu was very, very much welcomed. Haha!

We headed back to Manila by 430PM. I was back at the office before 8PM. Met up with Tey, AJ, Engel and Mich at Giligan's and then headed to OT for our Friday gimik.

Talk about one long day. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment