Monday, October 6, 2008

Shoot that baaaalllll...


Harhar. Spent the Saturday afternoon at the Araneta Coliseum to watch the opening ceremonies of PBA and the season's first game - Coca-Cola vs. Talk N' Text. (Yes, yes, you read that right.)

Believe it or not, I sometimes feel that in me is a bit of a basketball fan. Hehehe! Though the sport was a traumatic one for me back in my elementary school days (don't ask!), I have to admit I do enjoy watching a good game.

Just like last Saturday's. During the first few periods, I was getting a bit bored because it felt like the game was dragging on. Or maybe because I thought TNT was sure to win already because of the huge score lead over the other team. But come fourth period, things started to get exciting... really exciting.

During the last few minutes, Coca-Cola caught up with TNT and the latter almost lost. People were on the edge of their seats, and when TNT had its winning shot, everyone was up on their feet. Even me. I thought my Dad and my brother were just overreacting whenever they'd watch a game on TV and they'd be yelling like mad. But apparently, a game really does stir a lot of emotion.

Initially, I was restraining myself from yelling because I was by myself (my nephew Alex was given better tickets.. shoot) but then I found myself already on my feet yelling, "Go Jimmy!!!"

Hahaha! It was fun.

The other highlights of the afternoon event were seeing all-time favorite Alvin Patrimonio in the flesh, and another favorite TNT player. Too bad the guy was only allowed to play a couple of minutes during the second quarter but it was great seeing the guy in action. Hahaha!

I would have been happier if I had the same access pass Tey had. She got to go to the dugout before the game and was surrounded by all the players. I've been wanting a photo with The Captain and with the TNT Forward Guy for the longest time. Maybe next time.

I should have also written about the Opening Ceremonies itself, but the game turned out to be much more exciting. Haha! The highlight of the opening for me were the parade of the muses. Coca-Cola and TNT had the best muses - Pokwang and Rufa Mae (complete with seven TNT dwarfs) in outlandish costumes. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment