Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gilas boys are superrr...







The guys of the SMART Gilas team recently took a break from the basketball court to spend some time with kids from a public school in Manila.

A couple of weeks ago, the basketball court heroes trooped to the Marcela Marcelo elementary school in Pasay to become classroom heroes.

For a couple of hours, the guys led classroom games, read different stories, and served merienda to the children. The team joined the employee volunteers of the company who were conducting a summer reading and storytelling session in the said school.

I wasn't able to attend the activity, so I borrowed some pictures from colleague Kuya Manny who was there to document the activity. I would have loved to attend the activity, but I had something else scheduled on the same day.

Anyway, I just thought it would be nice to share this activity. I'm not a huge basketball fan, and I don't know the names of every Gilas member but I know that to basketball fans everywhere, these guys are similar to what Madonna is to me. Fine, fine. Madonna is OA. Tita Shawie na lang. Hehe!

The kids probably don't know who the guys are, and to a certain extent, that seems to be a good thing. At least, they really listened to their "teachers." And it was also great seeing the guys being so game for the whole activity. In the hard court they are superstars, but in the classroom on that day, they let the spotlight be on the kids instead.

That's just super.

Thanks, Kuya Manny, for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment