Monday, May 24, 2010

Workout for the day was lifting heavy school chairs...







The work week started quite early.

I was already up by 4:30AM. I was needed at the office by 6AM.

Along with almost 100 work colleagues, today was spent away from the office and in the classrooms of some public elementary schools.

We joined the DepEd's Brigada Eskwela program, and I had to go to cover the team that went to a school in Pasay.

We were at the school by 8AM. The activity started with a parade around the surrounding barangays. I didn't know there will be a parade, and I can't remember the last time I did something similar. Hehehe!

So the parade was quite interesting. Good thing work colleague Rhyz was there.

After walking about a kilometer under the heat of the sun, we reached the school again. A short program took place, and afterwards it was cleaning time.

As for me, I had to take some photos first. Trusty photog JL was there. I just had to tell him this is the kind of shot we need.

When I got the photos that I needed, I went around and helped out, too. The classroom chairs were so heavy. Seriously. I was dead tired from carrying them out of the classroom. I can't believe those chairs were that heavy. It was already my workout for the day. Hahaha!

Despite the hot weather, it was great seeing all the volunteers so dedicated in the tasks at hand. A group painted the window grills and chairs. Another group cleaned the rooms. Another group scrubbed the walls. Everyone was busy until it was lunch time.

I didn't get to finish the whole day activity though. I had to be back at the office after lunch for a meeting. Besides, the #1 objective why I was sent was to take the photos we needed. Still, I was very much happy to have been able to help out even if it was just for an hour or two.

Volunteer work always is a happy meal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment