Friday, June 4, 2010

Hello Naga... we meet again...
















So I'm in Naga for work.

We adopted a community in the municipality of Calabanga about two hours away from Naga for our environment project, and we're here to continue our participation in the project.

Barangay Cagsao in Calabanga is strengthening its disaster-preparedness efforts and we're helping them through mangrove planting. Details on this project in another post.

Anyway, so I left for Naga around 2PM together with friend/work colleague Arlyn. We were at the airport - Terminal 3 - around noontime. Surprisingly, the trip from Makati to Terminal 3 was quite fast thanks to the Skyway connection.

I'm not a huge fan of Terminal 3. I'm a Terminal 2 guy. Haha! And I wasn't also that excited when I saw the plane we were taking was the one with propellers. It's my first time to take this kind of plane, and I found it scary. Even if Bamboo, as in Bamboo the rock band star, was seated a row away from us. Hehe!

Our flight was late. And so was our fetch at the airport. Prior to that, we had a really embarrassing moment at the boarding gate in Terminal 3. Jeez!

I'm booked at Starview Hotel. It's a relatively new hotel. I'm usually booked at Nagaland Hotel, which is right across E Mall. It's a good thing that our local counterpart referred us to this hotel. I like it very much. The room is nice. The location is good. And the price - it's P1,500/night. Not bad I guess.

Uhm, I thought I'd be back in Manila by Sunday morning. But for some reason, all Manila-bound flights - Cebu Pacific and AirPhil - are fully booked. Weird. This is the first time that I ran out of seats for a Naga trip.

So, anyway, I'll be stuck in Naga for an entire day. Hmm, what to do? I'm not really in the mood to go sightseeing. I'd rather use Sunday to rest and get ready for another work week.

I did see a cathedral/basilica (what's the difference?) nearby so I think I will visit that, at least. I've always been amused by old architecture.

Alright, happy weekend. I'm hungry. Arlyn and I are going to eat at Bigg's, which is right next to our hotel. It's my first time to eat at that restau. Arlyn says it's good, so I'm kinda excited.

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment