Thursday, June 10, 2010

Al Gore talk...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wasn't really planning on attending the Al Gore talk. I already saw the DVD, and I wasn't sure if there would be anything presented during the talk.

Also, I couldn't afford the tickets. Hahaha! And even if I could, I don't think I'll blow away $200 to listen to him. But if it were Oprah or Angelina Jolie, then let's sit down and start talking. Hehehe.

Anyway, a day before the event, my manager told me that I'm being given by our bigger boss a ticket to the Al Gore talk.

On the day of the talk, we got at the venue quite early. Registration started at 2AM. It was kinda weird though because we didn't really sign any reg form or what. After checking where we were seated, my colleagues and I went inside the function room to find our seats.

The section we got was good. Really, really good. Though I'm several rows aways from the stage, I had a very good view of it because it was seated parallel to it. Hardcore environmentalists (or Al Gore fans) would die of envy. Hehe!

Moving on, the next few hours were spent people watching. A handful of celebrities and politicians spotted, including Mrs. Arroyo. What really made my head turn from left to right and back were the ushers. Daming cute, ah! May go-see ba, Koya? Hahaha!

The program began at exactly 4PM. Thank gawd for that! A song and dance number by Trumpets (?) teens, I think. They sang a medley of pro-earth songs. Following the number was the opening speech by SM's Hans Sy.

Afterwards, Al Gore finally came on stage. The lights went out and all that could be seen in the room were giant LCD screens that showed the Keynote presentation of Mr. Gore.

The next hour or so was then a talk on climate change and the inconvenient truth that goes with it.

Uhm, I hope I won't get into trouble for this but it felt like watching the DVD live. Sure, there were some updates on the Asian/Philippine situation, but the key message of the whole talk was still quite the same.

The event concluded with a question and answer portion facilitated by Cheche Lazaro. No, there was no mention of the separation.

That was it. Cocktails just outside the venue followed. Would've wanted to have some Fans Kita photos with some celebs, but they quickly disappeared. Hehehe! Plus, I think my work colleagues will kill me if I did that.

Oh, and if you're wondering how I got photos... Uhm, initially I tried to hide Hanschen with a black notebook. But when I saw some people taking photos, I just followed suit. Bahala na kung damputin ako at itapon palabas ng venue. Sa ngalan ng blogging. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment