Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On the road with the Magsaysay girls...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even with only a few hours of sleep, I was still able to drag myself out of bed and get ready to meet with the Magsaysay girls.

The last time I saw some of them was at May's house when she invited me and Shy for dindin. I was still selling my iBook to May, too. One more reason why I had to go to her house. Man, that was ages ago.

So when May emailed that we're going on a road trip, I immediately penciled it in my calendar. It's always, always fun to see the girls.

We met up at Times Plaza. May was the first to arrive. Our meetup time was 7:30. Since I saw that I still have a couple of minutes to spare, I dropped by the 7-11 store to get me a tall cup of French Vanilla (my absolute fave) for some caffeine fix. Cathy arrived a couple of minutes later. Shy, on the other hand, was the last to arrive. Hehe! In fuhr, consistent siya. Hehehe! We will just meet Lenly (along with hubby and kid) in Tagaytay.

It was a rather pleasant drive. There was hardly any traffic, and there weren't that many peoeple in Tagaytay either. I dunno if it's because of the Taal Volcano alert. Initially, there was concern whether we should push through with the trip because of the alert. I just told the girls, "Di naman siguro iyan puputok while we're there. And even if pumutok siya, we'll already be in Sta. Rosa by the time the lava or whatever reaches Tagaytay." Hehe!

Our first stop was Lourdes Church for Sunday Mass. The new church has a very nice altar, I have to say. I have childhood memories of the place because the annual sacristans gathering used to be held at the Capuchin seminary next door.

Anyway, after sanctifying ourselves, we went to the Greek restaurant along the highway to satisfy our hunger. Hehe! Because I didn't have proper breakfast, I was really hungry . When we got to the restau, Lenly and her boys were already seated and waiting for us. We ordered gyros, cheese and olives, moussaka and the yogurt drink.

The good lunch was made even better by the company I was with. Lenly and Ginny talked about the upcoming migration to faraway Canada. Huhu! Their 2 yo old kid JM entertained us all with his cute antics. Cathy was being cougar over JM. Hehe! Peace, Katya. Shy and Mayo jumped in the conversations. I listened. I watched. I talked. I ate. Hehehe!

Since it was Father's Day, Ginny and Lenly had to leave early. They probably had plans with the little one. After bidding them goodbye, May, Cathy, Shy and I headed back to Manila.

We had two stops though. First was to get a photo of the Taal Volcano and Lake. The skies that day were sooo clear and gave a fantastic, fantastic view of the small volcano and the lake. It was just too perfect to skip. So we stopped by the highway and took some photos of the panoramic scene.

Our second stop was at Paseo de Sta. Rosa. The plan was to just go cool ourselves at Starbucks. We ended up wandering around the place and checking out all the outlet stores. Wahahaha!

As for the dessert and cold drinks, that became a full meal at Sugarhouse. Harhar! We were too hungry after all the walking, and the meal we had at Mano's Greek Taverna was rather light. Hehe!

It was a very nice Sunday get-together with the girls. We had a very interesting and long conversation after one of the girls broke some news. I've yet to fully feel the impact of the news. Hehe!

The drive back to Manila was also free from heavy traffic. Yey! We got back early evening, so that gave me enough time to do a little work.

Nice, nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment