Friday, June 18, 2010

Makati CBD just became more interesting...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Makati CBD peeps, I dunno if you've noticed it, but Ayala seems to be adding a lot of art around the CBD.

You've probably seen the Arturo Luz pieces around Greenbelt. There are also some Luz pieces at the mini-garden across Glorietta 3. And then, I'm still amazed with the Ayala Triangle garden transformation.

Too bad it's a bit far from my office. Otherwise, I think it would be fantab to take quick walks around the greens and art pieces after a full lunch. Haha!

The latest "art works" I've seen are the ones at the underpass connecting the PLDT RCB side to the Makati Exchange.

Obviously, they're not the original works. But I definitely can say that last night was the only time it took me several minutes to cross that underpass. I was checking out the different "art works" and seeing the colorful posters showcasing the works of Pinoy artists made the walk through the underpass different. Hehe!

Whoever's behind this installation of art pieces around the CBD (Ayala Land? The Zobels?), fantastic idea!

It kind of reminds me of the MRT stations at Singapore. On my first few days in the city, I would almost always forget which exit to take at Serangoon station. When I noticed the different art works put up around the station, all I did was remember which art piece led to my exit.

Art does make an otherwise dull surrounding more interesting.

3 comments:

  1. The Ayala's have always been promoting Philippine art and culture. Just like last year, they had this Bravo Filipino thing going on in Ayala Malls. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Angelo!

    Thanks for the entry and glad you enjoyed the artworks. :)

    I work for CANVAS. The underpass art is one of our projects in cooperation with Ayala and Makati. You can check us out at Facebook, http://canvas.ph, and http://lookingforjuan.com/beta :)

    Cheers,
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marco! :) Yeah, they're really super for doing that about Philippine art and culture.

    Hi Annette! :) Thanks for dropping by. Fantastic work you guys! I did check out the lookingforjuan.com site, and it's great. Hope you can feature more contemporary artists. :)

    ReplyDelete