Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Twitter Gang take center stage at Centerstage...

Photobucket

Saturday night was booked for a get-together with my Twitter buddies. One of the guys based in Singapore was in town, and he invited his Tweeps for dindin and videoke.

Before meeting up with the guys, I had to go meet up with another friend. That turned out to be a bad move because I was ended up being stranded along Salcedo St in Legazpi for a good hour thanks to the sudden heavy downpour. Ugh!

To make things worse, none of the cabs would take me even as I waved crazy. Argh! They probably thought I was going to ask them to take me to some submerged area. Hello, Koya. Sa Greenbelt lang ang punta ko. If it weren't raining at all, I would just walk going to Greenbelt.

Anyway, you know what they say, at the end of the rain, there is always a rainbow. (Uhm, not sure if the saying goes like that or if there actually is a saying like that. Haha!) And what a "rainbow" it turned out to be. Wahaha!

Leave it to the guys to bring back all the color and fun washed away by the rain. Haha!

Evening started out with dindin at Soms. In case you haven't passed by Rockwell recently, Soms now has a building. I kind of miss the eating by the side of the road though. That was one of the "charms" of the restau.

After stuffing ourselves with pad thai, curry, spring rolls and tom yum, we moved to Centerstage along Jupiter for a night of crooning and belting out. Hehehe!

When we started the night, there were just about five of us. As the night wore on, the rest of the gang arrived. The next few hours were spent singing all sorts of songs. Pop, R&B, OPM, ballads, medleys. Haha! I guess that's the one good thing about us being us. Haha! No one's afraid to do a Barbra Streisand number, immediately followed by a song from The Calling. Hehe!

Even if I wanted stay, I had to leave a little past midnight. I promised the Magsaysay girls that I will be joining them in the Tagaytay road trip. So before heading home to see the girls, I thanked the "girls" for the fun night. Hehe! Thanks, guys!

It would be great to have more of these get-togethers.

No comments:

Post a Comment