Thursday, June 17, 2010

Readings for the week...



Class is now in session.

Readings for the weekend are the new issue of Garage, and some recent issues of Preview and Men's Health. Haha!

I've always been a fan of magazines. I love the visuals and the articles.

If I had a little more money to burn, I'm quite sure I would definitely be getting my hands on the latest issues of my fave mags.

Thank goodness though for Booksale, which sells some of my fave mags for a quarter of its original price. Hehe!

Uhm, forgive me but I'm more of a fan of foreign magazines. Specifically, US Vogue (I'm such a stereotype, I know. Haha!) and VMan.

For the former, the one issue I always try to get my hands on and I'm willing to pay the full price is the September Issue.

For the latter, it's a collector's item. I remember it was my friend Edsel who introduced me (and many of our friends) to the awesome men's magazine. Too bad it's not available locally. Ugh! And I'm just lucky to have friends based in SG who are generous and kind enough to get me my Vman fix.

I do also enjoy local magazines. When Mega came out several years ago, I would almost always save a part of my allowance so I can get a recent issue (Again, I'm such a stereotype. Haha!).

Lately, I've been enjoying Preview, Men's Health and Town & Country. The one local mag that I collect though is Garage. Awesome, awesome men's magazine. I have to look for back issues though. Ugh!

If there's one other industry I can probably work for and enjoy working in, it's the publishing industry.

Having put up a magazine with friends once upon a time, I know I would.

3 comments:

  1. i also like vogue italia, british vogue and harper's bazzar

    ReplyDelete
  2. heya! i also like vogue italia. fantab fashion editorials. :) also paris vogue!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love MensHealth. It's the only local magazine I read, and purchase on a monthly basis.

    ReplyDelete