Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ristras + CBTL + O...

Impromptu gimiks are the best, I have to say.

I wasn't really planning on doing anything yesterday evening. My plan really was just to go to the gym and hit the treadmill. I missed gym last Thursday, and I really should put in extra hours at the gym because of the upcoming 15K run at Run United and the 21K at the Standard Chartered Run in Singapura.

Kamusta naman?! The gym didn't push through. Hehe!

Minutes before it was officially a weekend, work colleague Steph sent out an email blast for dindin at Ristras, a newly-opened Mexican restau at the Fort.

I told her that I can just follow, but I ended up skipping gym and going with the gang. It was a good decision because traffic that night was just so bad.

It took almost an hour to get to the Fort from Salcedo Village. It's just crazy.

Payday + Friday night equals heavy traffic on a Friday night.

When we got to Ristras, Grace, Elgin, Arlyn and Ryse were already there and enjoying Mexican. The guys were nice enough to order for us so it didn't take long for our dinner to arrive.

What arrived at the table was the most humongous burrito I have ever seen in my entire life!

We got the Godzilla Burrito, which had all the good and the bad things in it. Hehehe!

The price I guess wasn't bad. It's P1,200 and it was good enough for about 7-8 people. The regular burrito costs about P300.

Aside from the burrito, the nachos with cheese dip and salsa was also good.

After that heavy dinner, we headed to McKinley Hill for dessert at Coffee Bean. We were originally planning to have some froyo at BTIC, but there were no seats so we settled for CBTL.

I was in a cab on my way home past 12 midnight, when I got a text from I-van. Edsel had invited us to go to O earlier. Since I was out with my work buddies, I gave him the standard unsure reply, "Text text." Hehe!

I called I-van and we ended up daring each other, "I'd go if you'd go." Hahaha! After cursing each other for ruining our respective schedules the following day, our phone conversation ended with him saying, "Okay, I'm heading home too to just change." and me saying, "I'll just shower and then I'll see you guys in a few."

Haha!

Around 1:30, I met up with I-van, Vic and Edsel at our usual gimik place. It turned out to be a really awesome because it was unplanned and we were just all happy to be there partying. Hahaha! We even met a new friend. It was crazy.

As usual, we left the place when the sun was about to rise. Haha! Just like that memorable nightout a couple of weeks ago, we capped the night with bfast at Rufo's. Woohoo!

One word for that night - epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment