Sunday, February 20, 2011

Art in the Park + ZsaZsa Ze Muzikal...












Saturday afternoon turned out to be quite artsy. Hehe!

First, it was the Art in the Park at the Jaime Velasquez Park in Salcedo Village. Thanks to artist AJ Omandac who tweeted about the event a week ago. I always want to go to this event, but I keep on missing the date.

This is the third time I think that I got to go to annual event. What's nice about the event is the whole feeling of a "treasure hunt." Haha!

Art in the Park is the proof that art is not only for those with deep pockets. Pieces sold at the event are proced below P20,000.

And if one is really persistent and determined in "hunting" for a prized piece, there is almost always a treasure to be found.

Previously, I've seen pieces by Wire Tuazon, Andres Barrioquinto, to name a few. I'm kicking myself for not getting them.

I didn't have time to go through all the pieces offered by the galleries that joined the event, but I'm sure there were really good finds.

Usually, I would spend half a day at the event because I want to go through the catalogs of the galleries with pieces that caught my eye.

However, this time, I only got to stay for an hour because I had to run to CCP to meet Carlo for ZsaZsa Zaturnnah Ze Muzikal.

Originally, the plan was for us to watch the Joy Luck Club at OnStage in Greenbelt.

I was already at Greenbelt wandering around when Carlo texted to ask if I wanted to watch ZsaZsa instead, since he had free tickets.

He didn't haev to ask me twice. Hehe! From Makati, I ran off to Manila.

Carlo and I met at Harbour Square to grab dinner at Army + Navy. Love the food here!

From there, we went to CCP to catch the show. I did something bad. I know cameras are not allowed inside CCP, but I kept my camera in another pocket of my bag so I can get photos with the cast after the show. Eeeep!

The show, as expected, was fantab. Lots and lots of laugh out loud moments! The guy who played Dodong that night was Prince Stefan. I thought he was good! Carlo thought he focused more on his singing rather than his acting.

Aside from Dodong, the other cute guy at the play was Cheeno Macaraig. He was part of the ensemble. Super adorable! Haha!

After the show, I thought of asking for a photo with him but I got too shy. I didn't get to have a photo with Prince Stefan as well. I did, however, get to have a photo with the other lead characters and Rocky Salumbides, one of the three Dodongs. Hehe!

From CCP, Carlo and I headed to Robinson's Manila to get coffee and dessert at Cafe Breton.

Nice, nice Saturday night.

2 comments:

  1. angelo!!! super crush ko rin si cheeno!!! ang cute cute nya!!!! eeeeee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heeeeyyy!!! :) ang cute cute niya, no!!! :) at ang calves ni koya! super killer! :)

    ReplyDelete