Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy working weekend...










It was a working weekend for me.

Saturday and Sunday were spent at the old Department of Foreign Affairs building. The company set up a free calling station for relatives of overseas Filipino workers in Libya. I had to go there to cover the activitiy.

Sunday morning had a little more extra work, but I was more than happy to go and cover the event especially after seeing the "guests" at the event. Haha!

I woke up at 3:45AM on Sunday. By 4:30AM, I was already out of the house and in a cab headed to Ortigas.

As part of the 25th anniversary of the Edsa revolution, the company and its sister companies sponsored the EDSA Run.

My manager asked me to cover the event since she knew I am (somewhat) into running. I was game for it because I haven't attended another run since the Greentenial Run. Ugh! Going to the Edsa Run would help motivate me get back on the road.

By 5AM, I was at the venue and I looked for my ever-reliable photographer John. While telling John the shotlist I had in my head, I heard that the Azkals was going to be part of the event.

I thought it was a joke, but come 5:15 the boys arrived and took their place among the running crowd.

Jeez, they must be pretty tired. The just came from Baguio for a training. (Haha! Feeling alam ang schedule?)

At 5:30, the 10K runners started with the race. A few minutes later, it was the turn of the 5K runners.

The runners have started arriving a little after 6AM.

I waited for the Azkals and when I saw them from afar, I asked John to take their photos already. I loved the photo of the group running. It really showed fun, solidarity and camaraderie.

The other highlight of the event was getting to have my photo with GMA talents Dingdong Dantes and Drew Arellano.

I wasn't sure if I could get my photo with them, but when the post-run program ended I saw them exit through a makeshift backstage. I asked John if he could go with me. Good thing he was game and good thing he knew Dingdong and Drew. Hehe! I was ready to show the security my somewhat all powerful ID but I didn't need to.

I just had to utter the magic words. Hehehe!

Good event, good event! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment