Monday, October 24, 2011

Pre-bday dindin...








The birthday celeb began hours even before the clock struck twelve.

While I was waiting for my Friday to end, I receive a WhatsApp message from PG Boy inviting me to dinner.

As soon as the time on my PC screen turned 5:30, I quickly fixed my things and dashed for the door. Hehe. I had to head back first to the home in the West to grab some stuff for the weekend.

Close to two hours later, I reached PG Boy's home aka the other home in the East. I dropped my stuff, rested for a few minutes and then we headed out for dinner.

I wasn't sure where we were going, but I was pretty excited. We took the green line bound for Joo Koon. When we alighted at Tanjong Pagar station, I had a hunch that we were headed to the Italian restau PG Boy liked a lot.

True enough, after a couple of minutes of walking, we reached the place located in Duxton Road.

Etna Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria is a nice dining place with a cosy and ambiance. The staff were friendly, and the food was good. No wonder PG Boy liked it a lot. It is perfect for dates and get-togethers with a small group of friends.

For starters, we got the Antipasto di Mare and Chicken Fingers. We could have gotten just one, because the serving of each dish. was good enough for sharing. Haha! For the main course, PG Boy the Gbocchi ai 4 formaggi (homemade pasta in a four cheese sauce - perfect for any cheese lover), while I got the Spaghetti all'Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino which was my usual favorite.

I liked everything.

I even got a nice tiramisu cake with a birthday candle. Yey! :D

After dindin, we headed to nearby Neil Road and had a couple of drinks. It was really nice. We bumped into our other friend Ken who was with his friends.

We left just before midnight. Still full from dindin, we decided to walk all the way home. It took us almost an hour, but it was a very good walk. The weather was just right. Except for a number of people every so often, we had the city all to ourselves.

Definitely a good start for what would be a birthday weekend celebration.

Etna Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria is located in 49/50 Duxton Road, Singapore. (Tel: +65 6220 551).

No comments:

Post a Comment