Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jonrox, Ela, Sheena in town...





Nice surprise while I was headed to DB training this morning.

I was checking my FB page on my phone and I saw a Wall Post from uni friend Jon. He, together with girlfriend Ela plus, were in Singapore. Ela's best friend Sheena was also in town. They were here for holiday and to visit Sheena's boyfriend Mickey.

After taking note of Ela's number, I gave her a call and it was just really great to hear a familiar voice from back home.

We agreed to meet up later in the afternoon, since they already had an itinerary the entire day and I had my own plans as well.

Around 6PM, I was at one of Singapore's most iconic tourist spots - the Merlion Park - looking for the group. It didn't prove to be too difficult to spot them. In a sea of tourists, I saw two gorgeous girls in a flowy jumpsuit-ish number and looking very chic. Jon and Mickey were easy to find as well given their towering heights. Hehe!

I gave the girls a beso and huge hug, while the guys the usual firm handshake and tap on the shoulder. Yeah, I know, I know. Very butch. Haha!

From the Merlion Park, we went to the Marina Bay Sands and hung out at the Ku De Ta bar for pre-dinner drinks. Thankfully, it wasn't raining and we had a great night view of the city. Afterwards, we headed to Killiney for dinner at bak kut teh place that Mickey recommended.

It was really a great get-together even if it was quite short.

Always, always great to see good friends from Manila. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment