Friday, March 23, 2012

Back to back hohol nights...



The past two nights, I did something I have not done for such a long time.

Staying out late, really late, on a work night.

Last night, I attended a group talk thing at the OC. (Tue - Wed nights this week were all OC nights!) When the talk ended, I went to one of the other rooms where friend Jane was doing volunteer work.

I went inside the room and was very happy to see that the triumvirate was complete - Jane, Kevin-san and Jin. Woohoo! Haven't seen these guys for a looong time.

They invited me to supper. Initially, I thought of skipping it because I haven't had enough sleep the previous night. However, I just realized that I haven't seen these guys for such a long time. A catchup was in order. Our group of 4 became even bigger because Anthony and Kenny decided to join. Yey!

From Chinatown, we walked to Kreta Ayer. Jane led the way to one of the simple hawker-type places. Food was okay. You get a lot for as little as 3 bucks. But what was really enjoyable was the company. Kevin-san was just really crazy and got us all laughing.

Since we all wanted to catch the MRT, we left the place around 11. I reached my place near midnight.

Wednesday night, on the other hand, was spent hanging out at MkSurf8's place along with Chris and Stephen.

The midweek HOHOL is sort of starting to be some kind of a weekly activity. Hehe.

Chris and MkSurf8 suggested having dindin, but I had to skip because, as I said earlier, I had a commitment to OC that night. So the two of them went to their dinner. It was supposed to be in Toa Payoh but they ended up having dinner in Aljunied. Hehe. Still, I think Chris was happy because his craving for cereal prawns and chili crabs.

I, on the other hand, did my thing at the OC. As soon as the clock hit 10, I left OC and dashed to MkSurf8's place. Luckily, it was just very near Chinatown. Getting there was really quick. I decided to take a cab so I can join the guys asap. The 5-minute ride cost $8! LOL! Crazy, huh?! Night diff at that time. Dunno why leh.

Anyway, I was glad to reach that happy place near Shenton Way where the guys and bottles of vino welcomed me. Haha!

We just talked. MkSurf8 refilled our wine glasses. We talked. MkSurf8 refilled our glasses.

Before we knew it, it was already 12 midnight. Haha! However, we didn't leave MkSurf8's place til 1AM. Since it was really late, we all had to take a cab to head home. Though Stephen and I were both on the red line, cab sharing wasn't an option because our places are faaar from each other.

It was a very fun, very chill night though. I would have kicked myself if I missed it.

Cab fare from Tanjong Pagar to my home: $20. Night diff: $9. Hohol time with the guys: Definitely priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment