Wednesday, March 21, 2012

6226 2002...

In a previous blog post, I'm sure I have mentioned that one of the things I wanted to continue while I'm here in SG is volunteering.

The Pink Dot last June(?) 2011 was one of the good venues where I found out about the different LGBT and LGBT-friendly groups in the city.

One of the organizations was Oogachaga.

I think I have had a post about Oogachaga (or OC, as it is more popularly known).

For a couple of months now, I've been participating in in some of their activities both as a volunteer and as a participant.

So far, it's been a good experience. The activities have been a good venue to know more about the local LGBT community, as well as meet more people.

One service that the OC has is counselling. They have phone and email counselling services. Both services are free.

For the phone counselling, I believe the number to call is 6226 2002. The hotline service is Tue, Wed, Thur - 7-10PM, and Satu - 2-6PM.

Meanwhile, the email counselling can be availed of via the website - http://www.oogachaga.com/care

Do check out the OC website for more information about their services.

Here is a feature on the group for Pink Dot.

3 comments:

  1. nice post, man. :)

    Just FYI, there’s an event for bloggers and the prizes are iPad2 and Cash. Find the info in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. the beach i stayed at is called Batu Ferrengi. it's actually the most popular beach in penang, and the great thing is you can ride the bus there. when you're in george town, just hop in the 101 city bus and it'll take you to the beach. you'll know when to get off when you're around holiday inn and some other large hotels. have a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thwany: hey, thanks for the info! :) will def check it out!

    ReplyDelete