Friday, March 2, 2012

Random hohol part 2...




Last night was part 2 of random hohol. Haha!

I wasn't really planning on going out because Thursday night is my Chona night (aka laundry night).

Initially, I said I wouldn't be able to join the guys.

But...

It didn't take much for MkSurf8 and Chris to convince me to go out for drinks. Haha!

We were supposed to go to Verre, a wine bar in Rodyk Street which was recommended by a co-volunteer Ivan.

Chris and I got to the venue ahead of MkSurf8. The place was kinda swanky. Hehe! It was more of a date place.

So we decided to just head to The Wine Connection at Robertson Walk.

It was my first time there, and I have to say the wine (and the mains and the tapas) was wayy more affordable.

The place was also packed, so it was a nice venue for people-watching. Thankfully, it rained in the afternoon so the evening turned out to be a cool night.

Funny situation:

The wait staff were mostly Filipinos and we were attended to by a nice guy. Chris was looking at the wine list, and he told the guy the wine he wanted. The wine was about $70.

When the waiter saw the wine we wanted, he remarked, "Sir, that's expensive. Why don't you just pick one from this other selection?"

He points to Chris another list, which costs half the price of the wine we really wanted. Hahaha!

Wahlau! Because we're Pinoys, the $70 wine is too ex for us, issit?! Eh, you think $70 wine only angmoh can buy, ah?!

Instead of scolding the guy, we just agreed with him and laughed at the situation.

We were there after all to relax. Hehe!

For the next few hours, we just talked and people watched and just enjoyed the random hohol night. I wonder where Ian was.

No comments:

Post a Comment