Saturday, March 31, 2012

i Light Marina Bay 2012...







Pg Boy and I managed to catch the i Light Marina Bay festival around the Marina Bay area.

It was already 3PM on a Friday afternoon, and we still had no idea what to do in the evening.

I wasn't too sure whether he was going to be keen on going to the i Light event, but still I asked him about it. And he said he was.

After dropping my stuff at his place, we headed down to Marina Square first to have dinner with Richie before going to Esplanade for the i Light event.

The festival was organized by SIngapore's Urban Redevelopment Authority and it is dubbed as Asia's first and only sustainable art festival. I'm not sure exactly what that means. Hehe.

Anyway, i Light Marina Bay features more than 30 light art installations and these are scattered around the Marina Bay area.

The installations were made by light artists and designers coming from more than 10 countries, including Singapore and yes, the Philippines.

My favorites were The Gate, the and the Light at the Merlion.

I thought the last one was really, really cool.

Despite the muggy weather, it was still a good Friday night event. Really glad to have been able to catch the festival before it ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment