Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Good, better, best...

It is kind of hard to believe that the first half of this year is already over.

Wow! Time really does fly fasssst!

Just a quick look at the first half of 2013. I would have to say that it was a mix of good and not so good.

To be honest, I am really not liking this year vmuch. For some reason, it's been making me anxious. Could it be because I'm paying more attention to the not so good things rather than the good thing?

Possibly.

Because now that I am writing this post, I am realising that the good outweigh the not so good.

For a quick review, the not so good are quite obvious - Dad going in and out of the hospital and of course, Dad returning to Our Creator; my work pass being downgraded and being given only a one year renewal.

When I think about these things though, believe it or not, I am finding some good in these things. For the one about Dad, yes, he is no longer with us but I am not afraid to say that I am somewhat grateful because now he is out of pain and suffering. I really believe that he is in a much better place now where there is no illness, no pain, no suffering, just light and love. For the one about the work pass, I wish it would have been better but I am still very much grateful because I was renewed and that I still have a job with an awesome company. I am grateful to be part of a company where the managers (at least, my managers) sincerely care for the people - foreign worker or not. (I have really begun to despise that phrase - foreign worker. It's become such a negative phrase. Anyway...)

As for the good things, this is also quite easy to enumerate - the holiday trip to Bali; the holiday/work trip to Nepal; the holiday trip to Malacca; being able to visit Manila a number of times to meet up with friends; being able to take care of my Dad and getting to talk to him about things; being able to spend time with friends who are in town; being able to take up a few classes (though I had to drop out of one); being accepted as a museum volunteer at the National Museum of Singapore, to name a few.

Looking at the things I've written about, I think I should rephrase what I said about good and not so good. The first half of 2013 was a mix of the best and the good.

That means then that the second half of 2013 would be reserved for the "better."

And so far, there's been a good start. Two good friends I-van and Moi were recently in town and I was just really happy to be able to hang out with them along with Richie and Mon. Then there's also the news about getting promoted. Small or not, a promotion is still a promotion. And I am very happy about it.

Hoping that the second half of 2013 would continue to be "better" - a better of the good, and a better of the best.

3 comments:

  1. congratulations friend on the promotion! ;-) half empty half full, focus on the positive! :-D God Bless hehe!

    ReplyDelete